Desktop notifications feature in Chrome was designed in order to make it easy to check your updates. Its a really handy thing when it comes to services like Gmail and Google Docs. It pops on the right side of taskbar, even if you are using another program or looking in desktop. Although, feature is good, but some times it can be annoying when too many sites starts notifying you with their ads and other things. Yes !, These notifications can include ads in them and can be really noisy and annoying if you don’t stop them manually. But as we all know, we all need few sites’ notifications to stay updated about our emails and document statuses. So, the thing is not how to stop chrome notifications but But How To Disable Notifications in Google Chrome of particular sites.
Keeping Notifications on For Few Sites ins necessary. Like Gmail, it let you know when you have a new email. You’ll see a pop-up when a new message arrives so you can keep track of your mail even when you’re not looking at Gmail.
How to Disable Notifications in Google Chrome
Disabling Google Chrome Desktop Notifications is an easy task. You just need to play a little with advanced settings panel inside the Chrome. We’re listing all the steps you need to disable notifications in chrome. Also, you can white-list any site, if you want to continue getting updates from it even if you have minimized the browser or accessing other program. What this will does that, literally filter the popups, and you’ll get notified by something you want to be.
Here are the steps you need to follow in order to disable notifications in Google Chrome. Read each and every step carefully and follow, otherwise things won’t work.
- Open the Google Chrome Settings page and type “chrome://settings” in the the address bar and hit Enter or click the hamburger icon at the top right >Settings.
- Locate ”Show Advanced Settings” option and click on it.
- Click over Content Settings under privacy option.
- Scroll to Notifications
- Select “Do not allow any site to show desktop notifications” To disable Notifications in Chrome.
You may don’t want to block this feature for certain sites due to some reasons. Like few sites completely works on notification basis and needs the feature to be allowed. So, Google Chrome Also allows to to enable notification feature on your desired sites. To do this, simply follow these steps :
- In the same content settings, tick on ‘Ask when a site wants to show desktop notifications‘ .
- Now, only the sites you want, will show you notifications and rest will be blocked automatically.
- To manage your whitelist, Manage exceptions… , and again you can stop some site to send you notifications
Hope that tutorial helped you. It is a really useful thing to block these java-based notifications as most of the download links contains such pages which pops this message up and even if you are in some other tab, Chrome will bring in this one. Now imagine, you opened a notification sending site, and working seriously in some other tab, so after getting notification, you’ll be thrown to another tab.
So its better to disable notifications in Chrome via using this easy method, which is not time consuming too. Hope you liked this article, if you did so, do check out our other tutorials, we’ve loads of them 😉