[Infographic] Interview Of Neil Patel – The SEO,Marketing and Analytics Guru
Neil Patel, An Entrepreneur owning two companies- Crazy Egg and KISSmetrics accompanied by blog- Quicksprout, He’s One of most reputed Digital Marketing specialist and one of the top influencers on the web as said by the “Wall Street Journal” . You might have seen many top bloggers who make a decent income through the internet, try questioning them about their inspiration and probably their answer would be “Neil Patel is my inspiration” , it’s because of his achievements at a very young age of 21. The Entrepreneur magazine listed Neil as the Top Entrepreneur of the Nation! Wonderful isn’t it?
Today we are in world which is competitive and everybody is so greedy that they would charge a fee even for suggesting you a Domain, but Neil’s blog- The Quicksprout , contains lots of posts and amazing videos that teaches you everything about link building, SEO, Marketing and much more.
Infographic Based On Neil Patel With His Interview-
Share this Image On Your Site
Interview With Neil Patel, The God Of Marketing Industry-
Personally, I’m a big fan of Neil, his story really inspired me and even my team members, and today I finally got an opportunity to interview Neil! Isn’t that wonderful? What else does a fan needs? Grab some pop corn and start reading it, you’ll end up with lots of motivation, ideas and inspiration in your brain and blood!
1.Hello Neil, Everyone Knows about your Websites –CrazyEgg, KISSmetrics and QuickSporut can you tell us more about yourself and all these sites?
I have a passion for all things related to internet marketing and have been working in the industry for about a decade now. My passion is blogging and I love helping others so they can achieve the same results as me somewhere down the line.
As for the sites, KISSmetrics is a customer analytics platform that helps you understand why your customers are churning or how to improve your life time value. As for Crazy Egg, it helps you visualize how visitors engage with your website through heatmaps. And for Quick Sprout, it’s my personal blog on marketing.
2. Can you tell us about your past life? Like, who inspired you? What gave you the idea to start KISSmetrics and CrazyEgg?
I started off from pretty humble beginnings. I worked my way through high school and college and was fortunate enough to meet the right people. My co-founder, Hiten Shah, and I came up with the idea to create CrazyEgg and KISSmetrics. It blossomed from our obsession with data and customer driven insights.
3. Your blog – QuickSprout is updated once in two days, while each of the article you publish has a magical effect which spell bounds the visitor, most of them are lengthy and are in detail, How much time do you spend in writing a single article for your blog?
Thanks for the kind words. I am glad you find the articles helpful. I spend about 10-15 hours a week writing my blog posts and putting everything together. I don’t really keep track of how long it takes for a single article as I am constantly editing and revising the posts.
4. SEO Vs. Content, Which is the important one? Can quality content alone rank well without much of SEO?
Both are important, and quite honestly, they are one and the same. With all of the recent updates its even more essential to create quality/unique content that can be distributed throughout your social channels.
5. At the age of 21, you said that you suffered with losses in creating a job board, how many bucks did you lose? Did it help you in anyway?
I don’t really discuss the number amount. Lets just say it was quite substantial :). It definitely helped me learn that defeat is only temporary. You really have to get up and keep trying if you want to achieve something great. Don’t let the small battles get you down.
6. Long hours of computing damage your health, how do you take care of your health and how do you manage your personal life with so many official things to do?
I have a strict schedule, eat well and work out. I think it’s essential to be organized when you have a lot on your plate.
7. What do you think about Black hat SEO? Some of the Blogger’s say that its tough to get better ranks without Black hat SEO, Any Comments?
I would say avoid it at all costs. Focus on quality/unique/in-depth content and traffic will follow.
8. According to you, What are the 7 important thing sin SEO that needs to be focused on?
I would focus on:
1. creating quality content
2. distributing your content throughout all of your social channels
3. optimizing your on page code
4. sharing your content with your peers
5. having a great design that is interactive, actionable, and usable helps.
6. create a great product or service as it is much easier to market that.
7. be patient as you won’t get great rankings right away.
9. What kind of content do you think gets lots of comments and social popularity?
I think you really need to test that out depending on your niche. There is no one size fits all approach. I do know that quality/in-depth content will always provide the best results.
10.Any Tips For The Newbie Bloggers? Do you recommend any other blog’s providing SEO and Marketing advices?
Just get your feet wet and jump right in if you are a newbie. You are going to learn more by doing than by reading blogs. I would check out Moz’s blog and Search Engine Land.
11. Which was the best moment in your life?
There are a lot. I would say the best moment in the past year was launching Quick Sprout University. I was able to help out a ton of people with explainer videos and my Website Grading Tool.
12.What about your schedule, How do you plan out to work?
I have an assistant that helps me keep on track.
13.Apart from Blogging, What do you love the most? What are your hobbies and What kind of TV-Shows and Movies do you watch?
I love to watch basketball and go out with friends. I have a motto that I live by strictly: Work hard, Play hard.
14.Is there anything that you would like to share with our visitors?
I just want to let them know that Quick Sprout will be coming out with a lot of new stuff in 2014 so keep an eye out 🙂
Neil I thank you for spending your valuable time with me, All my visitors will be impressed by this amazing interview. Thanks again.
So readers, hope you enjoyed the infographic and interview, Thanks for giving us your time and patience. Hope you find it inspiring, keep coming back for more.