After reading title, the first thing which may come to your mind would be “what is the importance in using Android Smartphone As Webcam”. Well the answer is very simple, one can spy their kids whenever they are out or monitor their babies. When we took a survey on using Smartphone As Webcams from the local Indian public we came to know that 70% of the married couples would like to monitor their babies through it. Then we asked them how much would you like to invest for a baby monitoring device? The average price they said was from Rs. 2000 to 5000. After that we told them that they can do it for free with the help of any phone having a camera. They were surprised and ask us how is that possible? And then asked us question which are listed below with its answer.
Do I need my phone to be smart Inorder to use it as Web-camera?
No, any phone having a camera can perform this task. Even if you own a phone which has no front camera can perform this monitoring activity by its rear camera. This trick has no connection with 3G devices hence lower-end phones are capable for performing this.
How To Use Android Smartphone As Webcams ?
When we had a look on Google Android Play Store on this topic, we came to know that their are 10s of applications which are available and have the capability to make normal android phones into a monitoring device. We tried and analyzed top 3 results and best performer was certainly IP Webcam. The IP Webcam has least glitches and is the most easy to use application for monitoring.
1. Connect your computer and the phone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the IP Webcam app on your smartphone.
3. Close all other camera apps. Force close them from the app switcher before you proceed.
4. Launch the IP Webcam app. Scroll to the bottom and tap Start server.
5. The app will now fire up your phone’s camera and display a URL.
6. Enter this URL in any browser on your computer and hit Enter.
7. In the browser, you’ll see a drop down menu next to Video rendered. Select Browser.
8. Below that, you’ll see Audio rendered. Select HTML wav.
9. To do this, first download and install VLC from this website. Then in VLC, go to Media > Network Stream and enter the URL from the app as seen in step 5.
After following above steps you will be seeing live video stream on your desktop or browser right from your smartphone. If you come up with any issue then please comment it below, we will try to answer you as soon as possible.
This is one and only spectacular application available at Google app store which which is perfectly doing your basic motive of a monitoring device right in any kind of phone. The only necessary thing is that you need a camera phone.
This tutorial is for IP Webcam App, liked reading our review ? Like and share us on social media for more interesting How to tutorials.