If you Google, you will come across many XNSPY vs. mSpy reviews, but most of them are usually partial and skewed. To take care of that, we have written this comparison review of XNSPY and mSpy that promises to deliver to you a completely unbiased look at these two iPhone spy apps.
While buying an iPhone spy app, there are a few different factors to consider, and therefore, we have divided our review into the following five sections:
– The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
XNSPY is just a few-years-old iPhone spying app that has quickly gained a very positive reputation. The app isn’t controversial as other spy apps like Flexispy (that advocates spouse spying) and offers features that can be used for ethically spying on both kids and employees.
XNSPY – Features
XNSPY offers 30+ iPhone spying features that can be used for an all around device monitoring. From basic phone logs monitoring to hi-tech remote monitoring features, XNSPY delivers them all.
Basic iPhone Spy Features
XNSPY’s basic features include remote monitoring of phone logs like calls, text messages, emails, internet browsing history and calendar entries. You can also use XNSPY to monitor and access photos and videos stored on a device.
Advanced iPhone Spy Features
The basic aforementioned spy features are synonymous to almost every iPhone spying app available on the market; however, it’s the advanced features that make the difference. With XNSPY’s advanced features, you can do the following:
– Monitor social media on all iOS devices like iPhones, iPads, and iPods. XNSPY can be used to spy on the chats and shared multimedia on select instant messaging apps. You can monitor iMessage, Facebook, WhatsApp, Viber, Line, Skype, Kik, Instagram, and Tinder.
– Track location of the monitored user using their iPhone. XNSPY has a reliable GPS tracking score because it uses “FindMyiPhone” to monitor GPS location on an iOS device.
– Remotely take a screenshot of the monitored activity by sending commands to the device.
– Remotely lock an iPhone and unlock it anytime using your XNSPY web account.
– Record phone calls or surroundings. XNSPY automatically records all incoming and outgoing calls on the target device. However, to record surroundings, you will need to manually send a command for the duration of the recording using your XNSPY web account.
– Remotely wipe data off the monitored device. If you are using XNSPY on your kids’ or employees’ iPhones, you can ensure that they don’t lose their valuable data to some stranger when those lose their phone.
– Set Alerts for keywords, contacts, emails and locations that you are concerned about. With this, you can get alerts just in time for any activity related to the “Watchlisted” alerts.
According to the Top10Reviews.com, XNSPY is the third-best iPhone spy app available on the market right now with an average rating of 8.58 out of 10.
This is what the app reviewing site has to spy about XNSPY: “Though XNSPY is slightly limited in its compatibility and the activities it can monitor, it works well overall and has fast reporting so you don’t waste your day waiting for important information. It lets you track pretty much all cell phone activity and set up a wide variety of alerts to keep your child safe.”
XNSPY may not be the cheapest app available right now when you opt for its monthly or quarterly packages, but if you are looking to use XNSPY for more than a few months, then this is the best deal you can get out of your iPhone spying app.
These are the details of the packages:
|XNSPY Basic Subscription||XNSPY Premium Subscription|
|1 month @ $49.99||1 month @ $59.99|
|3 months @ $69.99 ($23.33/month)||3 months @ $99.99 ($33.33/month)|
|12 months @ $99.99 ($8.33/month)||12 months @149.99 ($12.49/month)|
XNSPY Without Jailbreak works with all iOS devices like iPhones, iPads and iPods, while the XNSPY Jailbreak edition works on iOS devices running between iOS 6.0 and iOS 10.2. Moreover, XNSPY works with all Android devices that are running Gingerbread 2.3 or above.
XNSPY: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
The Good: XNSPY is an affordable iPhone spy app that provides tons of spying features and that too at a minimal price of just $8/month. When compared with other spy apps, XNSPY is 2-3 times cheaper. It has 30+ monitoring, great performance, and a 24/7 customer support.
The Bad: The monthly and quarterly packages are quite pricey.
The Ugly: The call recording feature doesn’t work perfectly, always.
mSpy is the leading parental control app that has given quite a stir to the mobile spying industry. With their years of hands-on experience, mSpy knows a trick or two to fiddle with the smartphone technology. One thing that’s worth mentioning is that both mSpy and XNSPY are very similar iPhone spying apps with just a little nuancing of their own.
mSpy – Features
As aforementioned, mSpy has very similar features to XNSPY. With its basic phone logs monitoring, you can take care of all the phone calls, text messages, emails, and web surfing, while the advanced features include alerts and location tracking.
With mSpy, you can do the following:
– Track location of the monitored users using the GPS on their iPhones or iPads. mSpy also uses “FindMyiPhone” to access location history from the monitored device.
– Access multimedia (photos and videos) stored on the monitored iOS device.
– Track instant messaging apps including WhatsApp, Snapchat, LINE, Tinder, Telegram, iMessage, Skype, Viber and Facebook Messenger.
– Remote control programs with application blocking and keylogging.
– Remotely wipe data or lock a device.
– Analyze data received from multiple devices in the form of detailed reports.
– 24/7 customer support through live chat.
This is where the two apps as are set aside from each other. There isn’t a doubt that mSpy has thousands of customers, majorly parents, who use the app as a parental control; however, in terms of performance, the app has been scrutinized on almost every app rating site.
mSpy has a rating of 7.9 out of 10 on ResellerRatings.com, while XNSPY has been given 10 out of 10 on the same website. On the SiteJabber.com, mSpy has an average rating of 2.8 stars which is also pretty low. Amongst all those thousands of happy customers, there are a few discontented ones too. One customer says, “For basic monitoring they are OK, but way overpriced. They sell themselves as able to monitor Snapchat…in reality they only monitor what goes out and texts not associated with incoming photos. So I spent $200 for the subscription and $50 for them to jailbreak the phone, only to then find out that it only monitors half of Snapchat. BOGUS!!!”
mSpy isn’t really overpriced even when the customers feel like so. There are iPhone spy apps available who are even charging $300+ for their yearly subscriptions (hint: Flexispy); mSpy isn’t one of them. These are the details of their packages:
|mSpy Basic Subscription||mSpy Premium Subscription|
|1 month @ $29.99||1 month @ $69.99|
|3 months @ $59.99 ($19.99 /month)||3 months @ $119.99 ($39.99/month)|
|12 months @ $99.99 ($8.33/month)||12 months @199.99 ($16.67/month)|
mSpy without Jailbreak is compatible with all iOS versions, while the Jailbreak version is compatible with iOS 6.0-8.4 and 9-9.1 only.
mSpy: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Good: A minimalist parental control that’s not too overcrowded with features. Parents can easily use mSpy to monitor their kids’ devices.
The Bad: It’s pricier than XNSPY. mSpy costs $199.99 for its yearly premium subscription, while XNSPY costs $149.99 for their premium version.
The Ugly: mSpy doesn’t provide all the features as promised on their site. As one site has reported that they provide only “partial” features, so make sure that you are talking to their customer support beforehand to confirm the features that they are currently offering.
Even though XNSPY is relatively newer than mSpy, it seems like a much better option due to its better performance, cheaper subscriptions, and more features.
What do you have to say?